- The number one goal parents have for their children is that their children would get a good education. Only half as many parents considered their children's having a relationship with Jesus Christ as important as their child's education. Baucham, Voddie, Family Driven Faith
- Teens without fathers are twice as likely to be involved in early sexual activity and seven times more likely to get pregnant as an adolescent.. Ellis, Bruce J., John E. Bates, Kenneth A. Dodge, David M. Ferguson, L. John Horwood, Gregory S. Pettit, and Lianne Woodward. "Does Father Absence Place Daughters at Special Risk for Early Sexual Activity and Teenage Pregnancy." Child Development 74 (May/June 2003): 801-821.
- When both parents are faithful and active in the church, 93% of their children remain faithful. When just one parent is faithful and active, 73% of their children remain resolute in their faithfulness. On the flip-side, when neither parent is particularly active, only 53% of their children stay faithful. However, in those instances where both parents are not active at all and only attend church now and then, the percentage drops to a mere 6%. gotquestions.org
- If a child is the first person in the household to become a Christian, there is a 3.5% probability everyone in the household will follow. If the mother is first, there is a 17% chance everyone else in the household will submit to Christ. Here's the clincher: If the father professes Christ first, there is a 93% probability that everyone else in the house will heed the Gospel call. crcchesapeake.org
- The pervading view among churched parents is that it is the church's job to disciple them, provide events for them, spiritually form them, teach them the Bible, etc. By and large, most parents have abdicated the responsibility of discipling their own children and passed this responsibility on to the church.
An overwhelming majority of children whose parents disciple them remain in the faith after leaving home. However, when that job is delegated to the church staff, a similarly overwhelming majority leave the faith. gracefamilyinfo.org